“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.”
Dr. Seuss

The Unicorn

The Unicorn
Mythological Horse with Single Horn aka "Horny Horse"

DOOWAH AND HORATIAN SATIRE


The Doo-wah Application to My Blog is for Pure Fun and Fantasy. I Like to Think it is as Therapeutic for Release of Tension and Anxiety. I have posted what I believe to be Interesting and Amusing and added the elements of Game Interaction as well.

My Intent with Gentle Satire Here, is Tongue-in-Cheek for the purpose of Amusement, and to Allow the Viewer Questioning Contemplation and Thoughtful Peruse.

I Believe it is along the line of Horatian Satire. Horatian Satire is Named after the Roman satirist, Horace; this type of satire playfully criticizes some social vice through gentle, mild, and light-hearted humour. "It directs wit, exaggeration, and self-deprecating humour toward what it identifies as folly, rather than evil. Horatian satire's sympathetic tone is common in modern society...." (as Defined by the Wikipedia)


There is More Than What You See Here On My Home Page ... Be Sure to Check Out My Older Blog Posts in the Blog Archive to the Right of the Home Page.
You Are Invited to Comment on the Postings and Join Me On Blogger as A Follower. But, Most of All, Have FUN!




You Can Be Here or Mud Diving - It's Your Choice!



"Life is what Happens to You When You're too Busy Making Other Plans."
John Lennon


CLICK HERE TO

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some Sarcastic Quotes About Life



Honesty is the best policy but insanity is the best defense.  ~ Anon

I'm smiling. This should scare you.  ~ Anon

 I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
~ Clarence Darrow

Love your enemies... It pisses them off.  ~Anon

He was happily married - but his wife wasn't.
~ Victor Borge

A psychiatrist is a fellow who asks you a lot of expensive questions your wife asks for nothing.
~ Joey Adams

Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!  ~ Anon

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.
~ A. Whitney Brown

Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much. You're not that good.  ~ Anon

Mail your packages early so the Post Office can lose them in time for Christmas.
~ Johnny Carson

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.  ~ Anon

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.  ~ Anon

I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you don't like?
~ Jean Cocteau

It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue.
~ Voltaire

Be kind to your mind. You'll miss it when it's gone. ~ Anon

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
~ Lily Tomlin

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.  ~ Anon

Depression n. - Anger without enthusiasm.  ~ Anon

(Those) Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
~ Redd Foxx

Assassins Inc. We aim to please.  ~ Anon

Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked "Brightness," but it doesn't work.
~ Gallagher

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.  ~ Anon

Seeing a murder on television can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some.
~ Alfred Hitchcock

A pessimist is a man who has been compelled to live with an optimist.
~ Elbert Hubbard

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.  ~ Anon

A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.   ~ Anon

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
~ Sir Winston Churchill

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.  ~ Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here